Saturday, June 25

Creativity followed by tweet-up

I had a lovely day today not only did I get to attend a spin in with some interesting people. I am always impressed, in gatherings of this nature, by the sheer creativity of the participants. My personal preference was the pink scumbled jumper with all the beads and beautiful embroidery. I think it was the most spectacular of all the beautiful things worn by the participants typically also designed by the wearers too. I am constantly impressed by the creativeness of these people; I feel quite pedestrian by comparison. Unfortunately my one photo of it ended up all blurry so the detail can't be seen. Mind you, it is fascinating to realise now many different types of fleece and prepared fibre there are, and the amazing range of things that can be done with them!

The day only got better because there was a librarian's tweet-up in Claremont at Koko Black. This turned out to be a good thing on several levels. I got to meet @kalgrl, @figgles61 and several other of my Perth based twitter friends 'for real' (thank goodness for the essential supplies provided by @Lutie) and I indulged in one of the most Indecent Chocolate tarts I've ever consumed.
There was the obligatory talk about personal gadgetry (and sympathy expressed about @sirexcat's damaged iPad) plus the bemusement of how these gadgets tend to work their way into our lives so that when it comes time to replace them it becomes abut of a trial to find something that works as well. There was also conversation about food and literature and how to get things done at work, and ... and ... 
It's hard to work out how much we talked about. It's late now and I keep think ing of yet something else I will have to follow up on, based on a passing comment by one or another of the interesting people around those three or four tables.

And then, on the way back to the car, I passed a tea shop. Unfortunately for me, it has some teas that I have not as yet tasted – but I plan on doing so soon! I may even give up entirely on coffee if some of the teas, whose perfume I sampled, taste as nice as they smell. The crockery is a great incentive too for a return visit ... *sighs happily* Such an inspiring day!

No comments: