Friday, June 17

Five book meme

Catching up on my reading

(Courtesy of @flexnib)

  1. The book I’m currently reading:
    The Beader's Handbook Juju Vail, Octopus Publishing 2007 ISBN 978-0-600-61613-9
  2. The last book I finished:
    A Game of Thrones George R.R. Martin, Harper Collins 2003 ISBN 0-00-647988-X
  3. The next book I want to read:
    A Clash of Kings (and the rest of the "Song of Ice and Fire" series)
  4. The last book I bought:
    Unseen Academicals Terry Pratchett, Doubleday 2009 ISBN 9780-38-560934-0 (hardback edition). At fourteen British pounds on the way out of the UK last year, I was so cross that in Australia even the paperback would be more than I paid for this book. At least I had something to occupy my time on the plane home - there is nothing worse than trying to watch a crappy movie on a chair back that is too close for even my short-sight to see. The book was enjoyable though.
  5. The last book I was given:
    I can't remember the last  book I was given, Mostly my beloved and I have a list and whichever book reaches the top of the list is the next one that is purchased. Just recently it has been his selections that have been purchased, but the last batch of purchases were mine. Does this imply that they count as given to me, even though I paid for them too? We long since gave up on the idea that our book buying would be separate, as we enjoy too many of the same styles, stories, authors &c to worry about separate shelves since we tend to read anything that walks through the door wearing words.

    No comments: