Sunday, August 14

Style or fashion?

I think I have finally got my phone working properly (only four years after I bought it *humph*) Took me an hour sitting on an uncomfortable stool in a Vodafone shop in Garden City but I can now send pictures and access the internet if I need to on my phone.
I know, it's not like I actually NEED to use my phone on the 'net when I have computers at home and at work, but it was the fact that I should be able to access it and it couldn't...
Though I won't have to shell out for another phone for another few years now *G*

And why was I in Garden City? There is a new tea-shop in town with outlets in Claremont & Garden City. Since I am currently on the hunt for a pair of shoes, I went down there yesterday afternoon on the basis that they might have some more stylish footwear, being a somewhat 'posher' shopping centre than my usual haunts, it was an excuse to look at 'posh clothes' too.
I wasn't totally disappointed. There is a Maggie T shop there, which is always good for the inspiration,  I did get my phone sorted, and I did buy some leaf tea from this rather nice tea-shop I mentioned it on my blog last month. I must say, that as an occasional indulgence it is worth every penny 

But the quality of 'fashion' today strikes me as being quite desperate. And messy. Aware that it is the weekend so folk tend to dress more casually, there was not a lot of style to the people wondering around the shops, but there was a lot of "fashion".
It is almost as if Perth is too afraid to be stylish, it just wants to be 'fashionable' with the result that being on the end of all the supply chains inevitably has. I think I really am going to have resort to the sewing machine and just go back to making the sorts of shirts and slacks I've been making for the last 9000 years.  At least I know that style suits me, and I don't really have to think about what I'm wearing *G*.
Now if only I can find a pair of shoes that will work with all that, and are comfortable *laughs at self*

So there you have it. I give up on fashion, it's ... boring!
My 'official' style will be slacks, long sleeved shirts, a hat and comfy shoes. And a handbag big enough to carry all the rest of my junk as usual *G*

No comments: