Tuesday, June 19

Shod, if not necessarily well shod!


I had spent most of the day wondering around feeling. wobbly. I'd been running late in the morning, partly due to staying up for too late the night before, and had effectively dressed in the dark. That was the problem, but because I hadn't been really awake when I got dressed, I just thought that it was because I was feeling" delicate” due to the late night that I felt wobbly as I raced around visiting the various offices on the campus. I was putting it down to my shoes needing to be re-heeled.
I made a comment to that effect to my boss. Who, looking down as I looked at my heels, started laughing. "You're hearing odd shoes!" she giggled.

Grey carpet and grey trousers and odd black shoes!
"Oh my goodness!" I said. And grabbing for the camera in my handbag, I preserved my insanity for all tine - and reduced my boss to more giggles. Yep. That's me! Having so much fun that I hadn't noticed that I had odd shoes on!

Even more fun was to be had the next day, as the big database that we had decided to subscribe to this year contacted me with log on details.
I'm afraid that my co-workers were entertained for the rest of the day by my little squeals of delight and excitement as I worked out another useful tool that I had been handed. 

No comments: