Wednesday, September 12

Leary Library Leggings

I was invited recently to partake in a sock knit-along with some libary folk I know. It's taken me a bit longer than usual to finish, I've been a little distracted in trying to get things organised at the end of this contract, refurbish my CV and pack for my trip which has suddenly loomed into view, all at the same time.

However, I have now finished these socks (or leary leggings) as I finally found a use for the boring white wool and the end of some food colouring.
It's been a while since I did top-down socks; I like the comfort of not having to worry about having enough to finsih the foot by starting at the toe, usually. But these are not too bad.
I think I have sufficient left that, with the addition of some more 'boring white' (possibly in a lace pattern), I can make another pair with coloured toes, heels and cuffs. 

But packing bags and ensuring tickets &c are all present and correct will take up my time between now and next week. And as far as I can work out, I won't be able to occupy myself with knitting or crochet on the plane to the US - thank goodness I managed to find a non-battery powered book as back up for all the ebooks I'll be taking ... just in case the batteries run out!

No comments: