Sunday, June 2

Annoying changes (or where did I put my manual?)

On Friday I decided that I would take advantage of #BlogJune and add blogging apps to my smartphone (otherwise known as my spare brain).
So I upload the apps that I want to use, and they worked fine. Added words to apps on phone, check on the desktop at home (because of spelling and grammar and such - I would like to have some *G*).

I decide I want to illustrate my post yesterday morning, so wander over to Flickr to link to an image I had previously uploaded on to Flickr.com.

Disappointment strikes!

I cannot get my image to link between the two platforms!

Oh yes, Yahoo! has just updated the Flickr platform. And I spend an annoying hour searching for the instructions on how to just LINK to an image on my Flickr account.


Mind you, the irritation was not assisted by yesterday's delay in getting started because my smartphone decided to update itself and I then had to reorder the home screens so I can access the stuff I use the phone for. *grumps*

It is very disconcerting to suddenly have your brain (or spare brain) not work the way you have been used to it working. It is one thing to have change happen when it is expected and planned for, but another when your 'brain' changes unexpectedly in unexpected ways.

Anyway, I finally got everything to work and documented the process in my "Manual of Me" so I will remember it in the future.

No comments: