Monday, June 3

Winter moon


It's not quite time for lunch and I get to see the moon above my gazebo where the bougainvillea is starting to really get going.
There is a gentle wind coming from the north west and standing downwind of my roses I am bathed in their sweet scent. Because now I have a job for five minutes they blossom like crazy, of course. It is a treat this morning to wander through my garden and see the difference a week makes in growth. Even the Mop-Top tree that hangs over the back fence is starting to look a little autumnally moth-eaten *G*
This means that this next month will have to see me repot my hanging garden and weed all the fast growing winter grass that just goes nuts at this time of the year. How odd. I'm actually looking forward to finishing that particular chore this year. And then I get to hack the roses back, in the anticipation of lots of roses next summer!

No comments: